THRILLING news for thread crochet enthusiasts as Crochet Design continues to pioneer the craft.
Crochet Lace has been republished by Dover Publications - USA
but still keeping the text in British terminology.
VISIT Wonderwool 25/26 April to see the launch of Pauline Turner’s new pattern collection which is av ailable for purchase on stand. [www.wonderwoolwales.co.uk]
ENJOY a wonderful creative and colourful time at the Crochet Summer School held at Higham Hall just outside Cockermouth, Cumbria from 22nd-25th June. During this time get tips about crochet whilst playing with colour and texture: improve your crochet skills, solve any crochet problem, or, just learn how to crochet including Tunisian, hairpin, broomstick, freeform or crochet lace. Book through Higham Hall. [www.highamhall.com] Residential or day attendance..
Stay an extra night and VISIT
Woolfest 26/27th June. [www.woolfest.co.uk]
Keep up to date and treat yourself to time out for crochet with a one-day workshop in Morecambe. (See Calendar of Events) Diploma students have a £10 discount on a scheduled one-day course.
Never forget: CROCHET is:
Trendy; Fashionable; Creative; Challenging;
Limitless in its versatility; An easy way to create texture;
A simple yet stimulating way to explore colour
Crochet is also:
- Quiet in company (unless you drop the hook)
- Transportable (ideal for times you are kept waiting)
- Occupies the hands (keeping you away from snacks and drinks etc)
- Therapeutic (a simple project with repetitive movements, lowers tension)
- Breaks the ice if crocheting in public (great for shy people)
- Confidence builder (you can when so many cannot!)
- Does not need a computer, mobile, or television screen
Click on the International Diploma page to see what this
distance learning course has done for students.
See Calendar of Events page for more details